Professional translation services are becoming more widely used. As a result of the benefits that localized video content offers, many businesses and industries have adopted a global strategy.
Why should you use professional translation services?
- Of course, there’s always the option of going about it in-house or use Google Translate. However, professional services offer a lot more accuracy. As well as a seamless process, that involves native translators of the target language.
- Once your content has been transcribed, the number of languages you can translate your video to is endless. By going through a translation company, you’re easily able to add different languages, as they work with linguists and native speakers from around the world.
- Often, different video content needs different methods of translation. Professional translation services can be made easy when you go through a one-stop localization provider. For example, SPG Studios own their studios globally. So, if you want dubbed videos, different styles of voiceovers or subtitles, you can get it all done in one go!
Let’s look at some stats that prove why you should invest in professional services for video translation.
1. A professional translation services provider can help you identify new markets
Less than 27% of internet users speak English as their primary language. Think about the number of people you could target with professional translation services. By going through a localization provider, your video can seamlessly reach new markets. A provider will also help you identify the best markets to reach for your content and industry. So, there’s no sweating over identifying the best language to translate your content into.
2. Create more online video content to reach a global audience
A study from Cisco stated that by 2022, online videos will make up more than 82 per cent of all consumer internet traffic. That’s 15 times more than it was in 2017. If you haven’t already, you might want to consider creating more online video content. Video content is easy to translate and provides a visual, and easily digestible message for your customers/viewers. Also, depending on the localization method you choose, the price can be kept quite low. For example, subtitles are a lot cheaper than dubbing a video, which in turn is a lot cheaper than reshooting your video in each language.
3. Increase accessibility and engagement with captions, which are also part of the localization process
A study from Verizon Media / Publicis Media found that 80% of U.S. consumers are more likely to watch an entire video when captions are available. Another statistic, also from Verison, showed that 80% of people in the U.S. who use captions do not have a hearing impairment. Transcription is a step in the translation process. By adding captions, there are many benefits. Firstly, you are providing accessibility for your video. It can improve SEO, and according to this statistic, increase video engagement. Once you have captioned your video, it is very easy to create subtitles in other languages. This means that not only can you reach a larger audience, but also improve your video content in the original language as well.
4. Professional translation services help your YouTube videos reach a larger audience
If you’re not translating your videos, you’re missing out on an opportunity to reach nearly 70% of YouTube users. That percentage is huge. As well as appealing to other viewers, translation methods, such as subtitles, can boost your International SEO rankings.
If you’re searching for a professional translation services provider, SPG Studios can take your video to new audiences seamlessly. In fact, we have our own recording studios and translators, making our voiceover, dubbing, captioning and subtitling services available at any time for our clients. Our dedicated project managers can take on any task. As well as helping you achieve your video content goals and aid your global strategy. Get in contact with one of our experts for a quick quote here.